Thursday, June 09, 2011

Sitting in Marmaris



Marmaris is a touristy place



Lots of restaurants/bars



This is where I sat to get cooled off and have a drink



Lots of big beautiful yachts



Boardwalk



Beautiful scenery



Beautiful scenery



Beautiful scenery





I am sitting here in Marmaris enjoying an Efes (Turkish Pilser). Utku had some business to do down here, so I came along for the ride. It is a tourist destination so there is lots of shopping, restaurants, bars, etc. I left my camera cord otherwise I would upload some photos, that will come later. It is probably about 45 minutes away from where I am staying. Mugla is 2100 feet up in the mountains... so you drive down the mountains to get to Marmaris, which is at sea level. We had some amazing baklava and ice cream on the way down the mountain. The ice cream I think is made from goats milk... really creamy and tasty, but different than American ice cream. If you like goat cheese you would like it!! I liked it.

The weather is hot!! The town is up against a beautiful bay with tons of big beautiful yachts. REALLY NICE AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!

That is all for now. I will have more later.

No comments: