Sunday, May 26, 2013

First Day in France

My flight was 7 hours and 40 minutes from Detroit to Paris straight. I left at 5:50PM and arrived at 7:35AM the next day in Paris, France. I watched two movies... "Cloud Atlas" and "Silver Linings Playbook."

"Silver Linings Playbook" was good. I would recommend it. It was a romantic comedy/drama and tugged at the heart strings a little bit. "Cloud Atlas" was long and fell short by a lot. It was not a linear narrative and was a wee bit too long for what it was... Not that good.

Anyways... made it to France very tired because I didn't sleep on the plane. I was falling asleep by noon, but managed to get by with just a quick nap at around 5:30PM. It did the trick and by the next day I was feeling mostly fine.

I took a shuttle from the airport to Paris where I was picked up by Francois (Fran-Swah).
Shuttle Bus


 Paris, Porte Maillot... this was a stop on the bus... it is a section of Paris. 


This is driving into Noisy-le-Roi where I am staying. It is a suburb of Paris about 20 minutes away by car. The train is to Paris from Noisy is about 30 to 40 minutes with all the stops.

This is the house where I am staying with a lovely woman named Agnès Cremona (Ann-YuS).


Driving through Saint-Germain-en-Laye
Saint-Germain-en-Laye is a commune in the Yvelines department in the Île-de-France in north-central France. It is located in the western suburbs of Paris 19.1 km (11.9 mi) from the centre.

Inhabitants are called Saint-Germanois. With its elegant tree-lined streets it is one of the wealthiest suburbs of Paris, combining both high-end leisure spots and exclusive residential neighborhoods

 The Church of Saint-Germain.


Château de Saint-Germain-en-Laye





This is the view from my bedroom window.

No comments: